Postmodern classic?

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Another sandstorm yesterday















Got a bit nasty the last couple of days, but today nice and blue, got back up for some tanning. After a run downtown in the morning of course. The fabled summer is back on, after a few cool days. Will update more soon.

However, do want to ask one question: if one was to study, say, counterinsurgency/insurgency as a part of military history, where would one do that? What schools would be the best place to do that?

4 Comments:

  • ahmm...

    By Blogger Effi, at 8:37 PM  

  • One approach is to look at specific programs. Even if the faculty do not list insurgency as a specific area of expertise, they may have expertise in a related area and some knowledge/interest in insurgency. Maybe these links will be helpful:

    http://www.smh-hq.org/gradguide/index.html
    http://www.gradschools.com/programs/national_security.html

    Another approach is to track down individuals from books (references), working groups, etc. and see if they are on the faculty anywhere. It seems like if you look around you may be able to find leads like this one:
    http://web.mit.edu/polisci/research/iiwwg.html
    Then you can track down the names of the guest speakers, etc. and see where they work.

    Something tells me this area, while maybe neglected in the past, should be a hot topic right now.

    -Julius

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:10 PM  

  • Thanks for the links, I know it's basic but I hadn't even known where to start.

    I know of places I would want to go- for lack of a better word- 'research', but if I'm to do that I need some kind of reputable institution backing me. I'd imagine it would be a hot topic, maybe that'll be in my favor.

    Hmmm... there's one in Hawaii? Interesting... I'll be looking at this much closer.

    By Blogger sunguh5307, at 10:53 PM  

  • what's a "run downtown" like?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home