Postmodern classic?

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Choices


So I'm in the midst of a job search. If there was one word, that word would be 'uncertainty'. What am I going to do? How can I afford it? What can I do to get there?

Kind of difficult, but something we all go through. Looks like I might still have a chance for a translator job, but will the potential opportunities of that be worth forgoing a more adventurous job? I don't know at this point, but the uncertainty is I can't afford to wait around much longer. It's most likely going to be first come, first serve.

As for the news roundup, we have the Gaza aftermath. We have the crazy stories of Jalal Talabani promising the efficacy of Iraqi troops meaning a potential early withdrawal- you'd think that might be more important than the finger pointing of Katrina. Bush takes responsibility for government failures- of course! That should relieve some of those who live (or used to) there. An uncommon look (for some) at race relations should be noted.

Just a quick glance at the stories of the day. I hope to look back at this and laugh one day. But in the meantime, I am very interested in hearing about the Hitchens/Galloway debate, along with the VDH/Huffington debate.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home