Postmodern classic?

Friday, November 04, 2005

On the move again


The Aussies doing some drills down at the old parade ground of Saddam's. Evidently the first part of their deployment they were stuck in garrison mostly, now they're pretty happy to come out and run around. Often see them out on patrols.

Well, about to leave lovely Baghdad for the scenic 'West', as in the 'Wild, Wild' type. I'm told it's 'Injun country' out there. More accurately, another friend called it the 'heartland of the Sunni insurgency'.

I've been meeting some interesting characters here, from all over. Quite an odd lot, but it takes one to know one. I was able to start doing some work, getting to know the place while I waited to leave, now I'll be in transit for a little while again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home